25.10.08

He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

"What do you say about yourself?" He said, "I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way of the Lord,' as the prophet Isaiah said."
John 1:7, 8, 22, 23

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
John 3:30

Oh, that I would be witness such as the man called John sent by God.

Dear Heavenly Father, may I not be so consumed with the things of this earth - worries about money, clothes, education and time - that I fail to see what you see. May I be the voice of one calling in the widerness of this place, pointing people to the Lamb of God, our saviour Jesus Christ. Remind me daily of your faithfulness and forgive me for my insolence. Restore my hope and renew my strength.
In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: