29.10.16

Avant-garde Love

How can anyone find their lover, the person they want to spend the rest of their life with via the internet or an app? Seriously, there is no way that actually works.

Statistics show that one third of American marriages were the result of online dating. That was from 2013. 40 million Americans use online dating services. A 2011 Leger Marketing survey found 36 per cent of Canadians between the ages of 18 and 34 use online dating; that's 14.2 million singles in 2014 according to stats Canada. Something is going on, and yet I didn't believe it actually worked. It's phenomenon that I had little belief in even though I know four couples who have met online and then got married. The statistics are not fake, the numbers don't lie, but I hadn't the faintest idea of how it was possible.

I have been just like many and put it down, called it ridiculous, and even said that I would never.... well... I have, I am, and it's working... crazy. This so called avant-garde love is really just old fashioned letter writing and long distance romance on steroids. Communication taken to a whole new level.


I'm jumping in with two feet... haven't landed yet... I'm still floating, taken up in the wind... and it's intoxicating.

No comments: