16.12.16

Christmas Break

It's been a very hectic few weeks. Shutting down all of school and getting ready for the break. Why do I think I need to get ready for a break!? That is ridiculous! I cleaned the house twice, bought supplies, filled the fridge and the cupboards, and did the laundry. I wanted to be able to relax. Adulting means that you can't just come home on Christmas Break and it's all done for you; you're the one who has to do it. Anyway, I've done it. To the best of my ability. And those who decide my house isn't up to snuff, well... fuck you. And don't go in my garage... that's a whole other story.

I brought my daughter home from college today. She lit up the house the moment we got home. It has been hard for me with two boys and no man for them to look up to, plus their sister who holds them together, gone away at school. It seemed as if we lost our way for a bit. I am thankful today for all three of  my children. It warmed my heart as I heard them in the kitchen talking and laughing together. A familiar sound and so glad that they have each other.

Tomorrow I pick up my man from the airport and he gets to have a taste of  my world. I'm so excited to have him here to meet all the important people in my life and most importantly, spend time with him. I just want to escape with him and leave this world behind... but I know that realistically, we both need to be in the muck and still find the passion and the excitement. I want that more than anything. I want he and I to face the messy stuff of life with prayer and a smile. We both know that these momentary troubles will pass. Another test that I'm not intentionally planning but is in motion none the less.

It feels so good to be walking in God's plan. His will fully being laid out for me.

Christmas Break is here and I am ready to settle in and enjoy.


No comments: