10.12.16

One Word 2017

Peace ... from Warrior to Peace. I do not feel that my warrior phase is over. I still have battles to fight and one big one in particular. Like all the words I've chosen for the years in the past, they seem to define the journey that is ahead, not always in the present, but what I'm seeking to make happen for the future. Wow... did I just say that? What I'm seeking to make happen... that may very well be the problem with every word choice that I've ever made over the years. My motives are my own and not His.


James 4:13-17
Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.


I remember asking for peace, begging for peace in the past. I don't think I knew what that was supposed to look like. I often thought I had no peace; yet I had peace in the midst of difficulty, love in the midst of disdain and abuse, joy from within that I could not keep to myself, and hope, yes even hope when I was inwardly hopeless. Jesus' words are ringing true in my ears.


Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you: not as the world gives, give I to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27


These things I have spoken to you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33


2017 must have that kind of peace. Peace that is a gift, a gift to me in the midst of struggle and hard work. Peace that turns into joy oozing out of my pores and bringing everyone around me along for the ride. The peace that Jesus brings to me I need to share with my children, my family, my friends, and my lover and his family. The peace that Jesus has promised me is confirmed by His Holy Spirit that gives me courage to face my fears. I do not need to be afraid since His plans are for my good. His overwhelming love envelopes my life.


My prayer is this; that the Lord would inform my plans and shape them, guiding my steps to go where He wants me to. Bring peace where there should be none, resolution that is humanly impossible, and wisdom to see when I am trying to take back the reigns. May I walk in the will of the most Holy, loving, one and only creator God. In Jesus name, amen.


I have compiled a list of some scriptures and it seems appropriate to list them; a list that can be added to throughout the year.


... do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7


And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also you are called in one body; and be you thankful. Colossians 3:15


You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

For he himself is our peace… Ephesians 2:14

No comments: